Friday, December 6, 2013

A good day

Out to jog in the snow. hopping over a barb wire fence maybe 15" high. Plant foot slips under bottom  as I take off. Lead foot goes between instead of over. Flapping arms as I feel the barb catch lead shoe.  
 I instantly know faceplant coming up, but while my conscious brain has already surrendered to the inevitable the old cat is planning my escape. Arms slow forward movement of torso while left leg advance forward under fence as right foot moves forward and down to disengage barb in shoe then pull back rapidly then up then forward to support weight as left foot shoots backwards away from wire then raises just high enough to clear the top wire.
  At least that is what I think happened because I did not land on my face... just kept going at my rapid rate of 15 minute miles

1 comment:

  1. Paraphrasing the old saying, any day spent not face-down in the snow is a good day. The old saying is "any day above ground is a good day" -- not true for spelunkers, arguable for miners.

    ReplyDelete