Sunday, January 27, 2013

Autobiography?

Often when people hear the stories of my childhood that I remember....what is that Chinese curse? "may you live in interesting times" The listeners tell me I should write a book. That sounds fun. Now that I am writing a little, maybe not so much. The funny thing is that sometimes I run into people with similar stories. We commiserate ,but still no book.  Once in a while you get the real tragedies(you know... death,starvation,stuff like that) and that does make my childhood seem like a fertile ground for dramedy.
    Anyway I told someone I respect I was thinking of writing a book. She asked the perfectly reasonable question of "why". Of course my answer was because people think I should. She did not think that was a good reason. I do not know that she is wrong,but I really cannot think of a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment