Friday, April 5, 2013

Advertising and morality

I know I know another oxymoron. This is on my mind because I got in a big email fight with my tea party uncle about Coca Cola's morality. They spend over $3,000,000,000 a year convincing people that they should drink Cola's,which are very not good for you. I also finally looked at the NYT magazine my friend Allessandra gives me and sort of read their article on the art of making fast food tasty and addictive.
  I was tossing around the idea that we could make all advertising be about healthy, kind lifestyle.
"Kale is good Kale is great let's put it in our cake!!" and so on.  Instead of young men in liquor advertisements pretending to be what young women want in order to get them drunk on Captain whatever so they can have an orgy.... well I can't really think of something cool and appropriate but maybe you get the gist.
  It seems that advertising looks for humanities "weakness" and encourages those aspects of our community in order to make MONEY and that bothers me. Of course I do not know what to do about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment