Monday, May 13, 2013

Dreams?

I keep hearing "follow your heart!" "Make your dreams come true!" What the heck? As one of my friends said after a divorce,"Everybody keeps telling me to do what I want, I don't know what the heck they are talking about."
  What are my dreams? Well number one was survival. I have now survived almost 49 years on Earth(not counting womb time).I am assured by many that there is more to life than survival. Really? I guess I missed that memo.
  Somebody recently asked me what is important to me. My gut response was "helping people". Oddly i do not think I spend much time or energy on that. Survival mode does not include a lot of programming for helping. It is mostly about...well... um surviving! So life seems easy right now ( although not many would call horse shoeing easy) For the first time in my life I have a small amount of leisure time that is not devoted to resting up for the next "Battle for survival!" To be honest it is a little confusing. I am used to jumping from one task to another without any long term thought involved. Now there is time and energy top consider values and wants as over against needs and emergencies

No comments:

Post a Comment